Launch of the Black Country Stalking Support Service
Thursday 26th April 2018
At The Rock Centre, 27-31 Lichfield Street, Walsall, WS1 1TE
Click here to book your place via Eventbrite
The Black Country Stalking Support Service is a new specialist service supporting women and girls affected by stalking across the Black Country. The service can support all victims, whether or not they know their stalker. This is the the first specialist regional service to offer support both inside and outside the context of domestic abuse.
As part of the service we will also provide training, support and partnership work to help agencies and professionals recognise stalking and work with victims.
The launch event will include a range of speakers including:
- Nick Gazzard, The Hollie Gazzard Trust: The Human Cost of Stalking. Nick’s daughter Hollie Gazzard was murdered in 2014 after being stalked by an ex-partner. Her family established the Trust to raise awareness of stalking and domestic abuse, and launched the HollieGuard personal safety app
- Karen Payne, NCDV: Civil Law Options for Victims of Stalking
- Dr Holly Taylor Dunn, University of Worcester: Harassment and Stalking in England and Wales
- Cath Hannon, Office of the West Midlands Police and Crime Commissioner
- Nikki Penniston, Black Country Women’s Aid: The Black Country Stalking Support Service
- The Survivors’ Voice
Watch the trailer for the service here.
The Black Country Stalking Support Service is supported with funding from the Tampon Tax.