Job title: Communications Officer
Positions available: 1 year fixed term, 15 hours per week.
Starting salary: £22,934-£25,590 (salary will be pro-rated for part time hours)
Closing date: 31 January 2020
Interview date: 7 February 2020
Black Country Women’s Aid (BCWA) is a progressive specialist charity that supports survivors of violence and abuse in the West Midlands. Our services include support for both adult and child victims of domestic abuse, stalking, sexual violence, exploitation and modern slavery, as well as women in the criminal justice system.
We are looking for a creative and experienced Communications Officer to assist with the development of a new communications strategy and lead on its implementation to reach a variety of audiences including survivors of abuse, fundraisers and supporters, agency partners, and the public. The Communications Officer will work closely with the Development and Communications Manager and our wider staff team to refine our messages and develop innovative ways to tell our story through different channels.
This is a challenging and rewarding new role for someone with excellent written and verbal communication skills; creativity; good organizational skills; and an ability to work within agreed timescales. The work will include:
- Leading on media relations to maximize opportunities for positive press coverage.
- Working with staff, volunteers and service users to develop accessible and engaging marketing materials.
- Coordinating BCWA’s online presence including website and social media.
- Providing effective communications and media support for BCWA fundraising and awareness campaigns.
- Supporting the implementation of BCWA Equality and Diversity strategy, developing innovative ways to engage local communities and seldom heard groups.
We value having a diverse range of perspectives, expertise and insights in the organisation. We are particularly keen to receive applications from black, Asian and minority ethic and LGBTQ* people and people with lived experience of the issues we deal with. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria for a post vacancy and consider them on their skills and experience.
An application pack can be found below: