Held in October for Domestic Violence Awareness Month, Go Purple is an appeal where we encourage all members of the community to get involved.
Whether you do a sponsored walk, a purple clothes day at work, bake and sell cupcakes, we are very excited to see all the creative ways you get involved with Go Purple 2020.
This year, we are focusing on raising money to help women and children when they leave our refuges. This particular area is in need of all your support, and all monies raised will go towards helping survivors of domestic abuse to resettle and help them make a house a home.
Families often come into refuge with nothing but the clothes they are wearing.
Black Country Women’s Aid offers refuge accommodation to women, children and men who are fleeing domestic violence, sexual abuse, modern slavery and exploitation.
Survivors stay in refuge and are supported to make a housing application, so they can start a brand new life. A safer life.
But they often leave refuge with very little money, and move into an empty house. This means no beds, no sofa, no cooker or fridge. No curtains or carpet or cutlery or towels.
It takes more money to make a house a home.
Help us raise money to give survivors the best start in their new home.
With your help, they can:
- buy the essentials for their new home
- avoid having to choose between a bed or a washing machine
- have the freedom to choose styles and colours they like
- have a bed and clean linen to sleep in
With your donation, they can have the new beginning they deserve.
How you can help:
- Share details of our Go Purple fundraising page with your networks: virginmoneygiving.com/fund/GoPurple
- You can purchase a #Heart2Heart t-shirt from The Limitless Heights Project, or encourage someone else to buy one (£4 of every sale goes to BCWA): https://www.thelimitlessheightsproject.com/product-page/blackcountrywomensaid-unisex-charity-tshirt
- Write “I Go Purple because” with a personal statement on landscape A4 paper, and take a photo of it and email it to me. I’ll be posting them on our social media accounts and to make a collage! To illustrate, I’ve attached mine.
- You can also share our posts on Facebook and Instagram, if you feel comfortable with doing so.
Ideas for fundraising activities
- hold a sponsored walk
- or hold a sponsored event
- Sell purple cupcakes and make a donation
- Spray paint your hair purple for the day
- Tell someone about this campaign
- The possibilities are endless!
Click here to help make a house a home now.